Sr. Director, Operations Program Management
Peloton is seeking a Senior Director, Operations Program Management (OPM) based out of our NYC HQ who will report into our VP of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement. The Senior Director will be tasked with working directly with the VP of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement to create an overall strategy for the OPM team while executing on the goals needed to successfully launch new product initiatives. As a collaborator, the Senior Director, OPM will lead a global team & work with key cross-functional team leads, including Hardware & Product Design Engineering, Part Suppliers, Procurement, Operations, Finance, Marketing & Contract Manufacturers to drive the strategic direction to launch new products on time with operational excellence.
The Senior Director, OPM will have a strong technical understanding of the products & demonstrated experience influencing & driving key design & architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets & key operations KPIs. The Senior Director, OPM will own the success of all of the programs globally from early architecture through program launch while leading & mentoring a team to fuel Pelotons expansion.
- Assess, analyze, consolidate, & communicate risk & status clearly & succinctly to management, calling out key issues & presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews & other executive forums.
- Work closely with Product Managers & Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators & Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture & design locks according to PDP timeline.
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Actively participate in Hardware Engineering design discussions & steer solutions to align with market fit/expectations while hitting aggressive cost targets.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering & the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product & commodity level for your project.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, & availability goals.
- Lead ramp availability with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Engineering & other internal & external teams.
- Drive Operations team to ensure security, materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training & documentation plans are in place at our partners.
- Work in tandem with Product Managers to drive aggressive product cost targets & track product cost through development.
- Drive Operations team for factory readiness with manufacturing partners to support NPI builds & MP (line layout, automation, capacity, capex, etc.).
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety & compliance, & go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry, with at least 5 years of leadership experience managing a team
- Knowledge in Operations & Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management & PLM system experience
- Experience working with & managing external suppliers & manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical & communication experience
- Masters degree, MBA
- 10+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDMs with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment & prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact
Founded in 2012, Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We bring our Members live & on-demand workouts from the worlds best instructors via the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread & Peloton Digital platforms.
We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our Members first & obsess over every touchpoint of their experience. We hire the best & encourage all of our associates to be passionate brand ambassadors. Most important, we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crains & is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Pelotons investors include True Ventures, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBCUniversal, & Kleiner Perkins. Learn more atonepeloton.com.