Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest & fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies & maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, & today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, & close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven & collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, were as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, & the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, & London, & allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable & inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining & promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission & providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds & all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
As General Counsel, you will report to our CFO & will be a key member of the executive team. You will lead the legal & compliance functions & be responsible for providing day-to-day guidance on legal issues & risk mitigation strategies as well as developing assuring compliance with policies & regulations in all aspects & levels across Demandbase. Our ideal candidate is an attorney with strong business & strategic acumen who has the ability to translate complex legal principles into practical & effective business solutions.
What youll be doing:
- Provide strategic legal advice to the leadership team on various matters with the objective of ensuring that Demandbases business strategies, risk management policies & programs are developed in a legally sound manner.
- Lead all aspects of Demandbases legal matters including, but not limited to, general corporate matters & commercial contracts; privacy & data security matters; employment & litigation matters; IP & technology licensing; compliance & international; mergers & acquisitions; & legal operations.
- Oversee the delivery of legal services to achieve corporate goals & key results
- Draft, review, & negotiate a variety of agreements & documents & continuously seeks ways to improve the forms, processes, or systems involved.
- Participate in the definition & development of corporate policies, procedures & programs & provide continuing counsel & guidance on legal matters.
- Select, retain & manage relationships & matters with outside counsels, as required.
- Prepare & deliver training & presentations to the employees, management, executives & the Board of Directors on various legal & compliance matters.
- Build, mentor, manage, a team reporting to you.
What were looking for:
- JD from an accredited law school & admitted to practice in good standing in California
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience practicing law with a combination of law firm & in-house experience
- Experience leading companies through financing & M&A transactions; IPO experience would be a plus
- Collaborative team player with no ego & an outstanding ability to partner cross-functionally at all levels
- Must thrive in a fast-paced culture & have experience building a legal team & establishing legal systems & processes in a high-growth company
- You should be a great communicator & know how to talk & write using language that a layperson will understand.
- The ability & desire to roll up ones sleeves & do the work as well as handle the big picture strategic matters is a must.
- Experience managing the legal function at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company would be a plus
- Experience with advertising & data-centric businesses
- Previous General Counsel experience at a pre-IPO or public tech company
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental & Vision for you & your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy & 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga & much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) & an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, & close the accounts that matter. The biggest & fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, & others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy & maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies, the Deloitte Fast 500, & named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.