Critical Mass is looking for a Technology Director to join the technology team for MINI USA. Youll partner closely with our creative, strategy, & marketing science leads to create amazing work for one of the worlds premier automotive brands. Ideal candidates will have automotive category experience, but more importantly a passion for bringing the best of whats possible to engaging, effective user experiences. Theres a lot of opportunity on the account, so you'll work with other Technology Directors & our EVP Technology to capitalize on those opportunities.
This role will oversee large initiatives both expanding existing functionality & introducing net-new features to the platform. Someone with high proficiency in building best-in-class experiences on top of an enterprise content management system will thrive. Youll still be close to the code at times - defining the architecture, creating POCs, performing code reviews, etc., but youll also have an incredibly talented tech team with all the skills necessary to create & deliver the digital experience.
This position can be done remotely depending on location, within Canada & the US
- Lead the technology team to create engaging, reliable, high-performance digital experiences
- Work with the Technology Leads to ensure the team, projects, & systems are all that they can & should be
- Develop & document high-level technical designs such as architectural diagrams
- Contribute to organic business development, research, & requirement gathering
- Act as in-house expert on various technologies & assist others in learning these technologies
- Communicate & share the teams achievements inside & outside the company
- Mentoring & coaching developers of all levels of experience
- Experience creating premium digital experiences in an advertising agency setting
- Ability to analyze, appraise & recommend based upon the existing client technology landscape & business goals, key technologies, vendors, & solutions.
- Ability to convey recommendations clearly via documentation, presentation, & discussion
- Experience with leading a distributed, remote team utilizing modern communication tools
- Strong communication skills - both written & verbal
- Familiarity with Atlassian project management tools, i.e. Jira, Confluence
- Ability to communicate with clients daily, acting as a representative of Critical Mass from a technical & business development standpoint
- Knowledge of modern web-stacks & their applications in the real world
You May Have
- High proficiency in leveraging enterprise content management system, particularly Adobe Experience Manager
- Luxury automotive category experience
- Experience architecting or developing complex single-page applications, particularly in Vue.js
- Knowledge on Cloud Computing Platforms, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, others
- Experience and/or interest in emerging technologies such as AI, ML, AR, & VR is a plus.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.