The New Ventures team is imagining the future of TripAdvisor by considering long-term trends in consumer behavior, technology, & competitive dynamics. The team is responsible for researching, building, piloting, & scaling new products for the company.
The Community Manager role is focused on growing, maintaining, & supporting a community of New York City locals who are experts in a broad array of categories, such as art, food & nightlife. The core responsibilities of this role include recruitment, onboarding, communications, & marketing. Basic data analysis & hosting of in-person events will also be required.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for travel & an interest in creating a vibrant community of interesting locals. He or she will also have a strong bias toward action, excellent interpersonal skills, & comfort with ambiguity. At the same time, the candidate should expect to receive a high level of support & mentorship from New Ventures leadership (based in Needham, MA).
What Youll Do:
- People Management
- Recruit, evaluate, & hire local experts
- Onboard experts through a combination of online & in-person training related to TripAdvisors software products & community best practices
- Monitor the community forum, providing guidance & resolving issues as needed
- Monitor key metrics to assess the community health
- Manage recruiting campaigns on social media or other outlets
- Create & share content related to updates, best practices, success stories, etc.
- Host periodic in-person events for recruiting, onboarding, etc.
- Internal Collaboration
- Serve as the voice of the customer for the community with the broader team
- Communicate with other Community Managers to help define/refine community management processes, including recruiting, onboarding, communications, support, etc.
- Propose product improvements/new features & report bugs to the Product & Engineering teams
What Were Looking For:
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Prior experience in community management, marketing, and/or communications
- Extroverted, people-oriented personality
- Highly organized & self-disciplined
- Fluent with social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Action-oriented individual who is willing to help solve difficult problems
- Team player who can collaborate with teams across the TripAdvisor organization
- Curiosity & willingness to learn & grow
- Love of travel
- BS/BA required