Develop state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
If you are a coding fanatic & passionate about building awesome products, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our products & are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured & unstructured data sets & uses scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The Role Youll Play
The mission for the role of Lead Software Engineer is to standardize, evolve & unify our internal data administration interface. This person will be skilled at partnering with internal stakeholders on their technical needs.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located & this role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Design & develop a modern unified experience for data administration
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested.
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to develop business requirements.
- Mentor & guide senior software engineers.
Experience & Qualifications well be looking for
- Architecture experience with the ability to lead multiple projects at any given time
- Experience working in an AWS cloud-based environment
- Proven ability to guide & influence the technical practices of an organization
- A desire to constantly improve your skills & the software system
- An analytical & detail-oriented mindset with strong communication skills
- Experience working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
- Experience with, & a desire to, follow an Agile & Lean approach to software development (we follow a variant of Scrum & use Jira)
- Expertise in modern server-side programming languages (we use Python)
- Experience with microservices & APIs (we use GRPC internally & JSON with Rest for our external APIs)
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Postgre SQL, Aurora, Oracle)
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.