Convene is looking for a Design Technology Specialist to join our team in New York. Design Technology develops the BIM (Building Information Modeling) tools & workflows required to successfully build a Convene space. This role will assist the team in implementation of workflows towards our internal/external design team, along with driving our data strategy forward.
What you'll do:
- Provides expertise and/or advisement to project teams for implementation of design technology techniques.
- Independently develops non-routine & complex BIM workflows to streamline project delivery & data extraction process.
- Works closely with Design Technology Manager, Designers & Studio Directors to obtain project information & ensure that the models & drawings are accurate & complete.
- Maintains current knowledge of design software, developments in the industry & other applicable techniques.
- Mentors less experienced staff by offering technical knowledge & advice. Act as a trainer for internal design team & to the broader network of external Partner Architects.
- Provides end user support on tools used in support of Revit.
- May act as Project Coordinator:
- Responsible for the execution of the projects BIM strategy including, the use of Revit, the folder structure & file naming strategy, use of templates, & documenting specific project procedures.
- Responsible for the technical support of the project team with issues that do not require the Design Technology Manager or Project Coordinators.
- Manage objects & other parametric content (Revit families, etc.) in project libraries.
- Define & implement procedures for coordination with Revit material used by other members of the project team.
- Audits models to ensure conformance with the standards & a logical organization of the BIM work.
- May act as Design Technology Manager:
- Acts as a substitute when the manager is out of the office or otherwise unavailable.
- Meets regularly with the Design Technology Manager & Directors to become informed about project BIM process & communications & convey this information to the project teams.
- Assists the Project Coordinators.
- Answers project teams questions & solves project technical problems; assuring consistent end-user help.
- Reviews projects to confirm that Convene Typology standards are being followed.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Information Technology or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in all phases of BIM workflow, from start to finish; experience in the design and/or construction practice preferred.
- Expert knowledge & practice experience in Autodesk Revit, BIM 360 & related BIM software.
- Proficiency in Dynamo, Navisworks & Bluebeam; ability to configure these programs & develop workflows.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word & Excel required.
- Proficiency in InDesign & Illustrator preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally & in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.