Does your brain instantly start cropping, swapping fonts, & color correcting when you see a dry ad? Do you dream in wildly gorgeous images & have the chops to bring them to life? AND do you like working alongside genuinely nice & talented humans? Awesome. Wed love if youd join us as our new Senior Designer on Vimeos Creative team.
Were looking for someone who can dive into all aspects of our marketing efforts, from leading campaigns, to overseeing our logged-out web experience. Youll work closely with brand designers, copywriters, & members of the Marketing team to make it all happen, & deliver gorgeous, high-quality imagery that draws people in & feels good to create.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with internal designers, copywriters, & marketers to concept & design professional, world-class brand & marketing campaigns.
- Manage a small team of designers & external freelancers.
- Produce brand standards, templates & style guides for creating interactive campaigns & websites.
- Build upon the visual & user experience of Vimeo's online presence.
- Clearly communicate & provide direction to external partners to execute.
- Conduct in-depth competitor analysis & research on current trends & compile findings into insightful presentations.
- Collaborate with our internal Production team to create graphics packages & storyboards to maintain consistency across all channels.
- Work with Vimeos expansive Marketing team to meet deadlines, make last-minute edits, manage your time, & work through our annual marketing & design roadmap.
- Make the role your own; bring your flair & interests to the role & overall design directions.
Skills & knowledge you possess:
- 3-4 years of experience designing for brands in-house or at an agency.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch & the Creative Suite.
- Expert in layout & composition. Your typography skills are polished & white space is your best friend.
- Experience working with developers. You know how to craft front-end HTML & CSS-friendly designs & know how to best communicate those designs to the developer.
- A strong point of view on advertising & marketing campaigns. Youre the first to identify upcoming industry trends & have a critical eye for design.
- The ability to follow & develop strict brand & style guidelines.
- Strength in juggling many files, specs, & output ratios, & a talent for file management.
- Tough skin. You can take constructive feedback & run with it.
- A team player. You work well with others & can help other brand designers develop campaigns & find creative solutions.
- New York City based.
- Experience designing in physical spaces
- Photography experience
- After Effects experience
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.