To drive successful client engagements, Pivotal practices, & culture.
Pivotals story VIDEO
As a recognised leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organisations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimise for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
A program manager is accountable for the program of application services for Pivotal clients. It is a billable & client facing role. This might be a portfolio of different engagements, or a single engagement depending on the stage of relationship Pivotal has with any given client.
- Set up clients & teams so that they can operate in a self-organising way
- Protect the team & make sure the team collaborates, communicates & focuses on what is most important
- Establish proper communications amongst all parties involved in and/or impacted by the work the team(s) are delivering on, along with managing expectations of all parties.
- Facilitate key meetings between staff & clients including kick offs, stakeholder check ins, & off-boarding
- Create & continuously measure appropriate metrics for engagement & program success
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles & get the best value against constraints
- Handle escalations & plan interventions to improve engagement health when necessary
- Coach team members & others, facilitate continuous improvement & apply the most appropriate agile & lean tools & techniques for their environment
- Support enablement of clients in Pivotal practices & principles around agile & lean delivery
- Stay updated on engagement health & team morale
- Collaborate with sales & services teams on strategy & approach
- Keep relevant client & Pivotal stakeholders updated on the current status
- Manage risks, budgets & staffing
- Support any associated logistics of the delivery for the team, including travel, network access, single sign on, client site access cards & more.
We'll know a Program Manager is successful when:
- Their projects are set up & managed to ensure maximum success
- Projects are on target to deliver against objectives & outcomes jointly defined with the client
- Clients view them as a trusted partner
- They collaborate with the account team in helping the client achieve both short & long-term goals
- They understand how individual projects fit with account strategies & other initiatives with the client
- They have a productive relationship with the rest of the Labs leadership
- They collaborate with the Labs leadership in achieving both short & long-term goals in relation to the clients engaged upon around
- Pivots are exhibiting professional growth & a growth mentality
- Pivots feel excited about & proud of the work we do
Agile & Lean practices
Able to identify & compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. Able to recognise when something does not work & encourages a mindset of experimentation. Can adapt & reflect, is resilient & has the ability to see outside of the process. Able to use a blended approach depending on the context. Able to measure & evaluate outcomes. Able to help teams to manage & visualise outcomes.
Communicating between the technical & non-technical
Able to listen to the needs of technical & business stakeholders & interpret them. Able to manage stakeholders expectations & be flexible, is capable of proactive & reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
Maintaining delivery momentum
Able to facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace & tempo. Able to actively address internal & external risks, issues & dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
Making the process work
Able to identify & challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity & those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value & can coach the organisation to inspect & adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
Understands the environment & is able to prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal & external dependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan & is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
Team dynamics & collaboration
Able to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognises & deals with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.