VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions & engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country to build & contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization & are thrilled about the work that we do every day. Were transparent, collaborative, & relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility & a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation & the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
As a Senior Product Designer at VillageMD, you will have the opportunity to help craft an exceptional user experience for the digital products & tools were building for our patients. From helping our most at-risk patients manage their chronic conditions on a daily basis to seamlessly connecting all of our patients to their providers over video, we have an incredible opportunity to change how patients experience primary care Were actively building a product design team of generalists, but with strengths in different areas of the design process & wed love for you to be a part of it.
What are examples of work that a Senior Product Designer will do at VillageMD?
- Contribute to the design system & frameworks that will support our consumer-facing products across web & mobile.
- Produce day-to-day deliverables including prototypes (low & high-fidelity), wireframes, user flows, & interaction notes aligned with the goals & priorities of the team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, & other stakeholders to craft an intuitive, cohesive, & delightful experiences from product conception through launch, as well as post-launch iteration.
- Prepare & conduct usability tests independently on design concepts & prototypes, both online & in-person.
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, & sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Utilize data to validate or invalidate ongoing product & design priorities & decisions.
- Speak with patients & clinicians to discover opportunities for us to improve.
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to design at all stages of development while integrating ongoing user research, building from sketches & wireframes to prototypes to high-fidelity mockups.
- A comfort level with exploring multiple design concepts & proposing different variations.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities & projects while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business.
- You can think & design at a system level, not just interface elements or pages.
- Proven track record galvanizing a group around a north star vision, & experience breaking that down & iterating over time towards that shared vision.
- Desire to work on both very broadly defined, loose concepts, & sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Youre a self-starter. You can run independently & give direction to other designers within the design team.
- Comfort in presenting cohesive design solutions to a non-design audience (including clinical, business, product, & technology stakeholders).
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, & absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience designing web & mobile applications. Bonus if in a B2C environment. Early-stage startup experience is a major plus.
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in multiple disciplines across product design.
- Experience working with & contributing to design systems.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, front & back-end engineers, & business stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of both Material Design & iOS Human Interaction Guidelines.
- Experience with modern design patterns, style guides, standard mobile paradigms, & responsive web design.
- Ability to see the challenge & mission of changing healthcare through the lens of the patient.
- Experience conducting both online & in-person UX research firsthand.
.How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.