Senior Manager, Ad Operations (FULLTIME)
Blavity is a venture-funded technology & new media company, which was founded in 2014 with the simple idea of enabling Millennials of Color to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms & lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of black millennials through original content, video & unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for black media, reaching 30 million millennials per month through its growing brand portfolio; Blavity, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, & Shadow & Act. We are 5 brands with one vision & limitless opportunity!
Assembled of passionate, high-energy, & focused rock-stars, our Blavity Team creates & executes with our values at the forefront of mind:
- Love of Community
- Transparency & Communication
- Collective Responsibility
- Fail Fast
Blavity is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, & advance our strategic direction. We are headquartered in Downtown LA, & have a satellite work space in Atlanta. Join us!
What Were Looking For...
The Blavity Family is seeking an experienced manager to support the Ad Operations team! This support role requires creativity, extreme attention to detail, dexterity in organizing & executing against client-facing activations across our five brands. The Senior Manager, Ad Operations is overseen by the Senior Director of Ad Operations & is primarily responsible for ensuring display ad products are executed on time & delivered in full.
This is a full time employee role with an expected start date of Q1 February 2020.
As our Headquarters are located in DTLA, were looking for someone who is locally based.
What You Will Do in the Senior Manager Ad Operations Position...
- Manage campaign life cycle including onboarding, pacing, & reporting of display metrics & deliverables
- Strategically maximize revenue through campaign optimization & inventory management
- Drive team efficiency to meet SLAs, KPIs & other key business metrics
- Proactively troubleshoot delivery & technical issues to ensure revenue recognition
- Communicate technical issues in a manner that is easy for a non-technical audience to understand
- Provide training (troubleshooting delivery issues understanding delivery priorities, optimization of campaigns, ad products, etc.) to cross-functional Sales, Creative Services & Ad Operations teams as needed
- Develop strategic relationships with our business partners & vendors
- Establish & improve workflow & processes, & establish goals for measuring & improving product output (quality, conformity, scalability, & sustainability)
- Maintain Ad Operations documents that include training documents, ad & page specs & vendor agreements.
- Manage monthly billing reconciliation & partnership payouts processes
- Backup support to Media Planning & Programmatic workflows
What You Have...
- 5-8 years experience in media publishing advertising operations (display & video ad trafficking), leadership, training, evaluating ad quality & testing
- 2-5 years in building new ad products, ad tech stacks, & billing reconciliation
- 0-2 years as a people manager
- Expert knowledge of GAM (formerly Doubleclick), Excel
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management & the ability to multitask
- Knowledge on viewability & fraud
- Experience with ad tags, first party data providers & implementation, & other various software solutions & certifications that enable display & video sales
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills
- Superb communication, both oral & written
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team