Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
This is an exciting time in payments. Change is accelerating & the industry is being transformed by new technologies, business models & regulation. The payments market is increasingly dynamic & presents significant opportunities for participants to grow & create new value. Visa is a global payments technology company in a unique position to bring innovations & shape the future of payments & commerce.
The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for strategy development & coordination, enterprise-wide strategic projects & strategic intelligence. You will advise the European leadership team on strategic matters & lead related corporate initiatives (new growth opportunities, responses to competitive moves or new regulation, etc). The position reports to the head of strategy for Europe & is based in London.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Deliver projects or major project workstreams related to Visa's corporate strategy or corporate initiatives - from shaping to successful implementation
- Structure & solve business problems, collaborating & coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic & financial soundness & alignment for recommendations
- Work closely with functional, regional & HQ management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely & useful insight & analytical support
- Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise & impactful way
- Work with the Corporate Development team to shape & inform our approach to M&A & strategic partnerships to execute the corporate strategy
- Monitor the evolution of the payments industry, competitive landscape, new technology developments & regulatory environment
- Occasional travel (<10%) may be required from time to time.
What we're after
- Excellent strategy development skills, with mid-level experience in a leading strategy consultancy or in a strategy role for a corporate preferred
- Track record of delivering strategic initiatives
- Experience in and/or exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Ability to deliver complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior & junior levels
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor, attention to detail & ability to carry out sophisticated financial modelling
- Personal presence & ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives & external business partners
- Self-starter, results-focused, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible
- MBA or relevant graduate degree or similar academic background, or relevant working experience
- Fluency in other European language(s) (e.g., German, French, Spanish, Italian) would be a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.