Latch is hiring graduateRobotics Engineering Interns, to intern through Spring 2020,to help create cutting edge robotics solutions to real world problems, which will help us to scale our system for our rapidly growing user base. The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given real projects that impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work within Latch's New Product Development Lifecycle
- Design & deliver software solutions that drive robots to solve difficult problems, including room mapping, RF field detection, asynchronous communication to cloud services, etc.
- Customize off-the-shelf open robotics hardware for specific missions
- Collaborate with product managers & other teams to demonstrate the feasibility of new products & services
- Develop & maintain infrastructure for scalability & reliability of core services
- Produce clean, well-tested & well-documented code
- You are pursuing a Masters Degree in Computer Science from an accredited U.S. university
- You have a solid grasp of algorithms, data structures, & design & coding best practices
- You have hands-on experience with current practices in robotics
- You are fluent in at least one object-oriented programming language
- You are fluent in at least one procedural and/or lower-level language
- You are comfortable in attacking challenging problems & delivering on a timeline
- You are enthusiastic about working on innovative products with a multidisciplinary team
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, & the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City.