Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building technology-driven partnerships to accelerate customer acquisition & adoption
We are looking for a hardworking & deeply curious marketer to drive customer growth & adoption of the DigitalOcean Marketplace through joint marketing efforts with our Ecosystem Partners. Reporting to the Director of Growth, the Partner Marketing Manager, Marketplace, will build & execute on a repeatable framework to bring new Marketplace 1-Click applications to market through content, social, press, etc. With DigitalOceans community of 3.5 million developers, youll have the opportunity to help accelerate the adoption of the worlds leading cutting-edge & every-day open source source projects & commercial offerings.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Tactically lead the co-marketing efforts for the DigitalOcean Marketplace to drive new customer acquisition & adoption of partner 1-Clicks.
- Work closely with the Marketplace Product Team to develop & execute launch plans for new Marketplace 1-Click Applications.
- Develop relationships with Marketplace partners to strategize & execute on a collaborative go-to-market plan across channels.
- Execute a repeatable blueprint for co-marketing with high-touch & low-touch Marketplace partners, enabling us to scale up to hundreds of new partners in the next 24 months.
- Partner with Customer Marketing & Acquisition teams to drive adoption of marketplace 1-Clicks through paid media, newsletters, our Community, in-product notifications, etc.
- Work closely with our Developer Relations team to execute on content, demos, talking points for conferences, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with strategic partner counterparts to ensure DigitalOcean is top of mind & is opportunistically included in partner releases, new content, etc
What Well Expect From You:
- Familiarity with the developer tools ecosystem, ideally leading co-marketing or partner marketing efforts for a developer-focused company.
- A knack for engaging with developer communities.
- Technical background with the ability to engage software developers & architects is required.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal & external stakeholders across all levels of the organization by building strong relationships.
- Can put finger-to-keyboard on drafting & producing content (where applicable) & driving email marketing campaigns forward (proposing list segmentation, drafting outlines & copy, etc).
- Can quickly pattern match which partners would be best fit for promoting relevant new products, features, content, events, etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, clearly articulate problems & propose solutions.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!