Do you always have a pen on hand? Have you written for aschool newspaper, literary magazine, or aprofessional news or entertainment site? Are you a graduate student or freelancer looking for a contract writing opportunity? Do you love a goodOxford Comma?
Great this may be the writing & research gig for you!
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC & the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. We need a brilliant part-time or full-time writer to help our Content Marketing Manager churn out blog posts, client testimonials, copy for infographics, & investigatethe next hottopics in the relocation, real estate, & moving industries. This position is an excellent opportunity for any college/MFA student or freelancer looking to gain experience with a powerhouse marketing & content team.
As our Content Intern, youll regularly do SEO research to determine a list of topics relevant to our industries & write blog posts, quizzes, infographics, & more. On a typical day, you'll do anything & everything from assisting with blog posts & basic website updates (some HTML knowledge required) to working on SEO implementation & optimizations. In addition, youll have the opportunity to work on a side project of your choosing & own its execution from start to finish.
- Create & maintain an ongoing list of relevant relocation industrytopics
- Write at least 2-3 blog posts weekly for the Updater blog with your own author bio & headshot!
- Craft copy for Updater'ssocial media accounts
- Write email copy for our sales & success teams to use
- Share new ideas to improve existing processes & actively seek solutions to our biggest pain points
- Youre a rising junior, senior or grad student looking for a hands-on writing gig with an innovative startup
- You have at least a workingknowledge ofSquarespace
- You have impeccable grammar & believe in the power of a well-placed Oxford Comma
- You're interested in learning about SEO
- Youre extremely detail-and goal-oriented
- You like working on a fast-paced, friendly team!
- Youve moved at least once in your life & dream of a world where moving doesnt suck
- You can work from our HQ in Union Square
A month at Updater might include:
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, & rip-roaring happy hours
- Dogs in the office!
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag & Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams at Updater
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
- This is a paid internship
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts & records, forward mail, & much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. For more information, please visitwww.updater.com.