Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company's games have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylightTM,celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, LaCapitale, & many more.
For more information: bhvr.com
We are now looking for a DevOps/LiveOpsfor Dead by Daylight. In this role, youwill be responsible for the administration of multiple production systems & work with extensible & open systems. Youwill beworking in a creative andhigh-traffic environment while using cutting-edge technologies.
The candidate must be a quick learner & a real problem-solver. He/she must know how to resolve complex set cases while knowing how to find simple & adapted solutions.
As DevOps, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Work with the technical director, technical lead, programmers & QA to ensure the stability & reliability of the Dead by Daylight components;
- Deploy Dead by Daylight backend stacks both in development & in live environments;
- Configure the stacks to deliver the required functionality;
- Deploy & upload configuration data & metadata;
- Work closely with the DevOps team to manage cloud infrastructures for Dead by Daylight;
- Ensure appropriate daily operations for the Dead by Daylight systems including monitoring performance, memory, network traffic & resource leaks;
- Fix problems at the root, find failure trendsto identify long-term solutions;
- Develop tools for monitoring & security;
- Develop & perform load tests;
- Adapt & improve processes & systems management operations to meet rapidly growing & changing systems & traffic;
- Establish & support the process of compiling, testing & deployment of server applications;
- Participate in on-call rotation support (evening / weekend) with the rest of the team.
- Previous experience in dev ops/live ops, preferably related to the game industry;
- Strong interest insolving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, C#, Go);
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP & networking concepts;
- Experience with Chef, Ansible & other configuration management tools;
- Experience with monitoring tools, or time-series databases (Prometheus, InfluxDB, Nagios or others);
- Interest in managing cloud infrastructure on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or other;
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience with container technology (Docker);
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Swarm or others)
- Experience related to web applications with high traffic;
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time & work within deadlines;
- Ability tothriveon change & to adapt changing needs & requirements;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
Would be considered as strong pluses:
- Experience with online multiplayer game programming;
- Passion & enthusiasm for video games.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity & diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualificationsand competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressionor disability.