RAPP Chicago is looking for an Enterprise Architect to join our award-winning team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all, & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors, & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly, we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists & creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
RAPP has a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, & the conviction to execute. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, problem-solving environments. We are looking for a talented Enterprise Data Architect to work in a highly collaborative environment with business partners, senior technology stakeholders, & product owners. You should have a deep technical mindset, a background in cloud-based architecture (AWS), be a leader that can evaluate business requirements, & a passion for understanding emerging technologies in data architecture space.
- Conceptualize & design the overall system architecture involving multiple big data sources, pre-existing applications, APIs & third-party software.
- Build & maintain data pipelines & high-performance microservices & analyze data quality issues on big data systems.
- Design, implement & analyze performance optimization of code & architecture.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to help define use cases, goals, objectives, & architecture to support the business needs.
- Build system & application architectures to achieve defined business needs.
- Anticipate future technology requirements & communicate those to the leadership & multi-functional teams.
- Work closely with application, infrastructure, security & DevOps teams & act as a liaison between key business, & technology experts.
- Ensure alignment between business strategies, information technology roadmap, & technical & tactical deployment teams
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical architect role: including enterprise architecture models, systems integration, data systems, cloud technology & planning/completing strategic roadmaps.
- 5+ years experience architecting cloud-based solutions with enterprise clients or within military & government space, including defining cloud strategies & executing cloud migrations at scale.
- 5+ years experience in designing & building applications using AWS cloud architecture & services.
- Experience in common architecture frameworks such as microservices, API management, & event-driven architecture.
- Experience communicating across multi-functional teams & senior leadership.
- Clear written & verbal communication skills, sharing information, & leading meetings.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC & Redshift.
- Experience working with PMs, DevOps & software engineers, data architects, application developers & data scientists to plan out end-to-end solutions.
- Bachelors degree in CS. Advanced degree preferred.
- US Citizenship or Green Card equivalent.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Agile workflow & practices using JIRA & Confluence
- Certified Lead System Architect (CLSA), or Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA)
- Experience with AWS GovCloud
- At least one of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
- Experience in data warehousing design, tuning & ETL/ELT process development
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Understanding of database & analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting & Dashboard development
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, & technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Detail oriented, organized, & the ability to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously
- API creation & consumption (RESTful APIs)
- Stay current with AI/ML trends
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.