WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built & powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder & former CTO of CrowdTwist & current Techstars mentor; & Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur & investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants & hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the worlds best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, youre an insider & the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a tenacious Account Associate in New York to join our fast-growing outbound sales team focused on providing hospitality technology solutions to restaurants of all shapes & sizes! The ideal candidate is passionate about restaurants & hospitality, self-motivated, solutions-driven, & a dynamic thinker. As an Account Associate, you will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing. Account Associates work in territory-specific pods alongside Sales Development & Outside Sales Representatives to grow Resys presence within those territories. Our sales team operates on quarterly revenue goals with weekly & monthly milestones.
Note: While this is a full-time position, your first three months will be considered a trial period. Your first week at Resy will consist of week-long, intensive trainings. During the first month, you will receive clear goals for your first 30, 60, & 90 days. You will have weekly check-ins with the Director of Inside Sales, to keep track of your progress & success. At 90 days, you will be reviewed.
Applicants must be based in the New York City area. In your role as an Account Associate, you will be assigned a region outside of the greater New York area. This is an in-office position with no travel, as the selling will be done via phone & e-mail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify & prospect restaurants to drive new client acquisition via email & cold call
- Sell Resy's technology directly to restaurants across the country through online web demos
- Strategically manage your pipeline to ensure consistent deal flow
- Work closely with the Implementation & Account Management team to support restaurant onboarding
- Achieve & exceed quarterly sales quotas & weekly top of funnel metrics
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 1-3 years of sales related experience including cold calling
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment & thrive under pressure
- Software/SaaS experience strongly preferred
- You take pride in consistently achieving your goals & believe failure isnt an option
- You are coachable, self-motivated & a fast learner
- You have strong communication skills, both written & over the phone
- You have excellent time management skills with the ability to recognize & focus on high priority tasks
- You're a great listener, assertive, persistent & persuasive
- You are obsessed with restaurants
- Salesforce.com experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount & Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen & caf
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting & retaining a diverse team of employees & creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Offer of employment with Resy is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws & regulations.