We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Employee Experience at Vacasa
We cultivate Vacasas culture. Our employees are the heart of our product, & our job is to take care of them all. Were the thread connecting our growing global family as we balance the needs of every employeewhether they work across an office or across an ocean.
What were looking for
Under the supervision of the Benefits Manager, the Benefits & Leaves Specialist performs a variety of tasks that relate to employee benefits. The Benefits & Leaves Specialist will be responsible for processing & filing benefits forms & related information, informing employees of benefits eligibility, partner & guide our employees & managers on all matters concerning Leave of Absence regulations, & maintaining benefit records.
What youll do
This integral position will provide our internal employees with the support they need to fully understand & utilize our generous benefits offerings, including the coordination of all leave of absence cases. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Benefits Manager in administering & maintaining employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, & retirement plans.
- Provide administrative support to the benefits team
- Coordinate benefit enrollments for new employees & notify the employee of participation eligibility
- Maintain employee benefit records by entering benefit enrollments, & processing status changes
- Review employment enrollment forms & benefit related documentation for accuracy, completeness & follow up with employees regarding missing information
- Administer the companys 401k program
- Support the Benefits Manager in plan audits & determination of new plans
- Provide guidance to managers around the eligibility requirements for variable hours employees
- Provide exemplary customer service to employees by answering benefit questions, problem-solving issues that arise with benefits enrollment & status changes, including guiding & advocating for employees in compliance with state & federal laws, & company guidelines
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the leave programs in alignment with & under the general direction & guidance of HR leadership & the legal department.
- Interpret & administer leave programs & policies in accordance with the applicable federal & state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Administer all aspects of leave programs, provides extensive case management, & coordinate administrative aspects of the cases.
- Independently approve and/or deny leave cases based on relevant medical information.
- Coordinate & organize all medical information & ensure that HIPAA & Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored & effectively executed.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leave to include tracking hours used/taken & working closely with Payroll to ensure that pay for associates is accurate & correct.
- Work closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
- Maintain appropriate contact with all associates on leave & coordinate all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Produce & manage reporting metrics & analytics for all leave cases.
- Partner closely with all HR business partners on all leave cases.
- Manage STD/LTD programs & ensure that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Assist in the creation & facilitation of leave administration.
Skills youll need
- 2+ years of benefit support experience
- 2+ years of LOA administration experience
- Experience working with HR database systems
- Strong knowledge of US leave laws
- Capable of working effectively & with an acute sense of urgency in a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail & the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% covered
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture