Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers will love.
We are looking for a Data Center Capacity Planner to help ensure DigitalOcean has sufficient capacity in all the right Data Centers at the right times for our customers. Reporting to the Manager, Capacity Planning, this individual will need to forecast space & power & ensure there are networked & powered racks available & ready to receive servers for both customer facing products & internal infrastructure teams.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Model & manage all rack requirements from internal teams to develop strategic long range plans for data center capacity, space & power expansions & new builds
- Work with Procurement teams to source data center space & power expansions
- Perform data center space planning by tracking rack & space availability & allocating to forecasted requirements
- Coordinate with Procurement, Network, & Datacenter teams to execute & minimize risks on rack purchases & deployments
- Record & track the provisioning of new racks & power in various systems
- Work with Infrastructure teams to understand the impact of new technology & architecture on data center capacity (i.e servers, networking, storage, data center design, etc.)
- Analyze power utilization metrics & create models at various levels of electrical infrastructure
- Contribute to capital budget planning process at an annual, quarterly & ad hoc basis
What Well Expect From You:
- Prior experience in a planning role, preferably at a data center or colocation company
- Working knowledge of fundamental data center resource constraints
- A basic understanding of power infrastructure
- Knowledge of dependencies within & between data center resources, design, & equipment resiliency planning
- Strong analytical & communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset & exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- Experience in managing data structures (using Excel, SQL) to build reports & run analysis
- Experience with DCIM or other planning software utilities a plus
- Exposure toor interest incloud services, data center, networking & various types of server technology would be beneficial
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!