MakeSpace is looking for a Senior QA Engineerto to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 24 cities across North America (and counting).
Quality Assurance Engineers will work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, & partners throughout the organization to drive QA processes through the entire lifecycle across all products, including desktop & mobile, as we grow & scale as a company. Reporting to the Lead QA Engineer, youll be help manage initiatives for the QA engineering team & will help us continue to scale our business throughout the country & beyond.
- The first hire in quality engineering; so youll have to be comfortable incubating & building this discipline.
- Liaising with product & business teams on product quality & requirements.
- Driving quality improvements through automation, metrics, data & process.
- The quality champion advocating for & representing quality in all aspects of product development & partnering with your engineering counterparts to make it happen. QA will be embedded within existing agile teams & focus on end-end testing, manual testing, automation & performance.
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve quality at MakeSpace.
- Partner with product & engineering to triage open issues & escalations & reproduce issues.
- An Expert in manual web & app testing as well as strategies to incorporate automation on both.
- Expert-level proficiency with automation & selenium webdriver & NG ecosystem.
- Basic to highly comfortable proficiency with performance testing & methods.
You enjoy moving between Manual testing, Web & App automation, & Performance testing, & you have been accountable for each of these in previous companies.
- You have experience working in a product-minded organization - experience setting quality objectives &
- Youre highly organized, an excellent communicator, & attentive to all sorts of details.
- Technical expertise in programming or academic credentials in Computer Science.
- Commitment to quality improvements with positivity & aptitude ranked highest followed by prioritization.
- You are ideally familiar with at least a handful of the following things & eager to learn any that are new to you:
- Web development technologies such as Python or Java
- Automation testing tools like Selenium WebDriver & ecosystem in Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies by writing test plans, creating test cases, & debugging
- Analytics and/or business intelligence tools such as Looker, SQL, or Google Analytics.
- Project management tools like Clubhouse, Asana, Jira, Notion, etc.
The hiring process: