Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The schedule for this role will be Tuesday-Saturday, starting at 3:00pm.
We are looking to add a Senior Operations Manager to our team in Newark, NJ!As Senior Operations Manager, you will take a hands-on approach & deliver strategic operational leadership across all aspects of production & fulfillment. We're searching for a visionary leader who is excited to build something awesome & share it with the world!
- Provide cross-functional leadershipfrom the front lines & immerse yourself in the trenches to optimize productivity, promote growth, encourage innovation ideas, & create an excellent culture
- Map out, drive & continuously improve the day-to-day operations in a hyper-growth environment, effectively engaging, motivating & directing the team to ensure on-time & accurate delivery of customer orders
- Manage dynamic & cross functional teams to better assess the daily operations of Production, Planning & Fulfillment teams while continuously driving & delivering results against established company criteria & key performance indicators
- Ensure adherence to OSHA, GMP, SQF, food safety & facility compliance while meeting operational goals & continuously improving production.
- Insure continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, & delivery while growing & expanding capabilities within the warehouse
- Drive a customer-focused environment committed to delivering the highest quality product to our customers
- Analyze shift performance to identify operational opportunities, trends, & potential cost-saving improvements
- Conduct presentations & formal training programs to enhance team communication & employee engagement
- Continually coach, teach & develop team optics to increase core knowledge to create better quality standards
- Be a change agent & champion a culture dedicated to driving continuous improvement when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, & Delivery, while growing & expanding capabilities that meet warehouse mandatory requirements
- Bold: youre adventurous, outgoing & optimistic; youre confident making decisions & taking calculated risks
Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have vision, passion & imagination; you are not afraid to ask what if & constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams & cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels & departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging & use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solve complex problemswhile thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience & strive to deliver a product that is second to none
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years managing fulfillment & production operations in food, beverage, or perishables manufacturing or distribution
- Proven success managing teams of 200+ employees in a hyper-growth organization - our culture is a critical part of our success, & you need to help drive it
- Comprehensive background in Production, Shipping, Receiving, & Warehousing
- Inventory control management with background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems (WMS implementation a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to develop policies & procedures that help mitigate inventory discrepancies
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen certification preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Ability to workweekends, nights & holidays
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.