GoCardless is creating the worlds first network for bank to bank payments, to rival credit & debit cards. With our powerful API & our global network of software partners, were on a mission to break down barriers, so businesses can take recurring payments easily, anywhere, in any currency.
Following several years of high organic growth, GoCardless has recently appointed a new CMO & is now embarking on expansion of our marketing capability across all areas of the marketing team, based from our global offices in London.
At the forefront of this, is a strategic opportunity to invest into the development of our digital experience. We are, therefore, looking for a Director of Digital Experience to head up this development. Given the strategic importance of this role, & its future potential, this position will report directly to the CMO.
The successful leader will lead the creation of a cross functional team to create & deliver our global digital experience strategy from acquisition to conversion & retention. This team will encompass digital marketing, user experience, design & the development resources charged with designing & delivering our digital experiences.
- Accountability for the acquisition of new customer merchants to our self-serve products through an optimised web presence & experience.
- Develop our SMB oriented site into a customer experience suitable for multiple personas & journeys including midmarket & enterprise customers & partners.
- Create & execute a strategy to deliver strong organic performance of GoCardless.com to attract visitors across all international Geos.
- Create an international site & domain strategy to support our expansion into markets across the world.
- Develop & deliver conversion rate optimisation of our site for revenue.
- Develop integrated journey paths that lead visitors to discover & use our products directly.
- Lead the strategy of developing our site for all audiences including customer self-serve, community forums & support.
- Implement data based strategy including Google Analytics & full traffic attribution.
This leader will be expected to deliver a business case to establish a team to deliver on these goals with resources ranging across site management, acquisition, SEO, conversion, analytics & optimisation specialists.
What were looking for:
The successful candidate will have previous experience of delivering digital experiences for SaaS or E-Commerce sites working in collaboration with internal & external resources to bring together CX, design, development, delivery & optimization of visitor journeys.
- Repeat experience of building high performing domains internationally.
- Deep understanding of SEO & paid media performance.
- Proven experience at E-Commerce including revenue optimisation through subscriptions.
- A background in testing & optimisation of content & user journeys.
- Strong understanding of site performance internationally.
- Expertise in several digital disciplines such as media optimisation, content, optimisation &, social.
- Partnership experience with Google & media agencies. Vendor relationship management.
- Previous responsibility for subscriptions targets, revenue & budgets, building business cases, setting targets, overseeing agency relationships, managing pitches/RFPs etc.
- A demonstrable track record of data driven decision making. You will be able to show & speak to proof of being data driven, embedding data driven practices, driving & utilising insights.
- Above all a team player capable of leading collaboration with teams internally & externally to get the right results.
We welcome diversity of professional backgrounds if you're unsure, do apply.