Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 8 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, Philadelphia & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for an Associate Property Manager to manage our homes in Indianapolis. You will manage the day-to-day operations of the properties including managing team members, daily activities, & property resources to achieve budgeted financial & operational goals. In this role, you will work closely with the Maintenance Superintendent & Leasing Specialists.
- Utilize online accounting systems, including but not limited to creating & approving purchase orders & invoices
- Assist with budgeting, financial reporting, & tracking. Each month you will be responsible for producing a variance analysis of the propertys performance
- Ensure Maintenance Staff are prioritizing & managing work orders
- Ongoing management of a staff that includes Maintenance Superintendents, Maintenance Techs, & third party trade partners dedicated to keeping the property in top condition
- Implement a preventative maintenance plan to ensure all building systems & grounds are well maintained, conform to building code, & relevant regulations
- Conduct regular inspections of the buildings & grounds to ensure quality appearance & efficient operations.
- Provide & maintain accurate record-keeping of all maintenance requests
- Maintain & manage all documents to ensure Noah is compliant with all local laws & regulations. Stay up-to-date with tenant/landlord regulations as they relate to evictions
- Help suggest improvements & fixes to make our Property Management process run more efficiently
- Assist with rent collection & delinquency process including legal
- Assist with renewal process & process received renewals
- Oversee move in & move out process
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends & holidays.
- A minimum of 1-2 years as a Residential Property Manager
- 1-2 years of leasing experience
- Bachelor's' degree or equivalent work experience
- Current Virginia Real Estate Salesperson License
- Working knowledge of building system
- General knowledge of Section 8 procedures
- Strong knowledge of fair housing rules & regulations
- Good understanding of the nuances of local property regulations
- Comfortable with technology such as cloud databases, word processing, spreadsheets, database management programs, & property management software (preferably Yardi)
- Experience bidding out contracts & capital improvement projects
- Ability to support and/or manage the eviction process
- Strong leadership & mentoring ability
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with a keen attention to detail; organized, methodical approach to execution
- Ability to multi-task & work in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change & provide feedback for process improvement
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.