When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Restaurant Partnerships team develops partnerships with service & product suppliers, using our scale to drive added value to our restaurants. The goal is to enable restaurants to save money, free up capacity to focus on making great food, optimise in house efficiencies & improve customer experience. As the International Restaurant Partnerships Manager you will report into the Head of Global Restaurant Partnerships & be responsible for developing the Restaurant Partnerships function outside of the UK. You will be targeted on the success of the launch & ongoing management of Restaurant Partnerships internationally. The Restaurant Partnerships platform is: restaurants.deliveroo.com/en-gb/perks
- Execute on the Restaurant Partnerships international expansion strategy, drive launch timelines & structure, proactively developing a dynamic approach market by market.
- Analysis of macro & micro environment in each market, identifying opportunities & challenges, key sectors & major businesses, & refining the launch strategy in line with findings.
- Develop & maintain relationships with local market leads, responsible for daily coordination, high quality onboarding & ongoing performance management, working in line with global practice.
- Ongoing support with new partnerships, negotiations, pipeline development & optimising live partnerships, ensuring partnerships are highly competitive & best in market on price & service.
- Drive global partnership business development, identifying major multi-market B2B partnership opportunities, developing proposals & managing negotiations.
- Work closely with central & local internal stakeholders across the business.
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated & have the following skill set. Above all, being commercial, strategic & meticulously organised.
- Strategic thinker, manager & communicator:
- Strong analytical & meticulous organisational skills with an ability to simultaneously plan, prioritise & execute. You can prioritise high impact activities & keep complex projects moving forward across markets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation & project management skills.
- You will need to manage relationships with global commercial leads & central teams, ensuring any market-specific trends or challenges are reflected in the global Restaurant Partnership strategy.
- Experience managing a team & driving top results. Ability to give feedback, encourage team collaboration & delegate will be crucial to success in this role.
- Experienced commercial professional:
- Experience in a strategic partnerships or B2B commercial role. Corporate business development or consulting role a plus, with tech or food industry experience preferred.
- Sharp instincts for the right opportunities. You will need to know how to navigate through the noise to find & select partners that are strategically & commercially valuable in the long term for both the partnerships team & business as a whole.
- Strong negotiator & executor.
- Energetic executor, motivated & process driven:
- Exhibit ability to self-motivate;
- Innovative & creative
- Question the status quo, design new opportunities & build internal & external excitement for a project.
- Experience in the restaurant and/or tech industry is a bonus.
- Multilingual is a bonus.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.