At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time & attention. Our apps & platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover & consume content on the web.
Were looking for an intellectually curious, passionate, & driven Head of Sales to lead Pockets sales team & strategy to a new level. You would be directly responsible for managing, growing & mentoring Pockets sales team & working closely with all parts of the company to drive overall strategy & sales product.
Were a small team that has the resources & support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, & together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, & verifiable facts. As the Head of Sales at Pocket, youll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pockets success.
Come work with us & make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What youll do:
- Work closely with our product, editorial, marketing & revenue teams to develop strategies to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Take leadership on influencing product decisions to help Pocket achieve its goals & mission.
- Lead & grow Pockets sales team. Attract, recruit, train & coach exceptional sales talent.
- Provide leadership & guidance & teach strong sales skills & develop career plans with each team member.
- Continue to help evolve best practices & discipline within the team.
- Effectively manage the teams pipelines to ensure revenue & meeting goals are met.
- Make regular, high level sales calls to have a presence in the marketplace & actively engage in the team's success.
- Work closely with our client services & editorial teams to ensure that Pocket is meeting our clients' needs.
What you already have:
- 10+ years digital sales experience, including direct management experience.
- Ability to manage salespeople at all levels & help position them for success.
- Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs & marshaling resources for success.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills & an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit & innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at Pocket.
- Knowledge & understanding of the media landscape.
- Ability to think on your feet & ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting & hiring process & is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.