At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking to hire a highly motivated Accountant to join the Fixed Assets Accounting team. The person in this role will provide accounting support to this function, as well as work closely with Finance & other Lyft teams throughout the organization.
An ideal candidate in this role will be someone who is a quick learner, thrives in a fast-past environment & is highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects.
- Plan & execute the accounting processes within Oracle & other financial systems, primarily focused on asset accounting, including bikes, scooters, vehicles & other PP&E
- Maintain asset sub-ledgers & other reporting tools, including management of additions, retirements, & depreciation
- Educate the business on, & ensuring compliance to, Lyfts Fixed Assets policy & US GAAP
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to facilitate streamlined accounting transactions
- Assist with developing scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely & accurate financial reporting
- Assist in reviewing portions of the balance sheet & income statement, including preparation & review of journal entries, account reconciliations & flux analyses
- Assist in documentation of internal controls for SOX compliance & providing documentation & support to external auditors
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the team, including various projects, as needed
- 2+ years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field, CPA preferred
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail & ability to work independently
- Passion for problem solving & process improvements
- Must have experience in Microsoft & Google Drive applications, particularly MS Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing, startup organization or public company preferred
- Oracle Fusion and/or other ERP experience is preferred
- Organizational, verbal, & written communication skills is a must
- Ability to operate independently & as part of a larger functional team
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.