Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 6 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing Finance team. This position will be responsible for all billing & receivables, as it relates to our Real Estate partners. The AR Specialist will work closely with Real Estate, Operations, & Legal to manage invoicing & collections. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is detail-oriented & organized. This role will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Set up new customer records, process sales orders & generate invoices
- Deposit checks, record & apply payments in Netsuite
- Collaborate with the Implementation team to generate invoices for new home openings
- Generate monthly aging schedule & reconcile Accounts Receivable
- Follow up with delinquent accounts to collect payment
- Work with Real Estate & Legal, as necessary, to resolve severely aged accounts
- Make recommendations for bad debt allowances
- Coordinate with real estate partners & bank contact to set up property bank accounts before home opening
- Ad hoc projects from time to time
- 2+ years of billing or accounts receivable experience; Real Estate industry experience a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress & time management skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a can-do attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.