Back End Engineer, Data Externalization
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality & audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers & sellers by bringing transparency & accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery & audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
Headquartered in New York City, DoubleVerifys investors include JMI Equity, Institutional Venture Partners, Blumberg Capital, First Round Capital & Genacast Ventures. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
As a Software Engineer on the Data Externalization team in DoubleVerify you will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for design & implementation of DoubleVerifys reporting platforms for external & internal use. The ideal candidate will have superb technical skills in the areas of software design/development, data engineering, & processing; good instincts for data analysis; & a strong desire to create & operate state of the art systems. Experience with or knowledge of ETL, producer/consumer, event-based, and/or streaming system designs is a plus. Experience with processing & externalizing massive amounts of data is also a big plus.
What youll do
- Design & implement systems responsible for processing billions of records daily
- Develop & maintain backend components in Python, Java, C# and/or Scala
- Use SQL to analyze data & develop reports & data transformations
- Continuously optimize & improve
- Work with the Product Management team to understand requirements
- Work as part of a dedicated team that shares both knowledge & responsibility
- At least 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Coding fluently with Python, Java, C# and/or Scala
- Ability to create maintainable, extensible, & scalable software
- Experience building Angular based web applications is a plus
- Experiencing querying & analyzing data
- Strong communication skills