BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a senior architect for a nascent & growing product team in the FlashBlade BU, one of the fastest growing at Pure, you will help us evolve the object storage offering. You will make a large impact on a very strategic initiative & help set the technical direction for this product segment & multiple other product areas.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL...
In collaboration with product management, synthesize market segments & ecosystem, technological trends in this space, & strategic needs & business goals of the BU & the company to appropriate technological vision, strategy & roadmaps, with furious intent to innovate for customer value & experience.
Socialize technological vision, product architectures, design proposals to influence, guide & shape decision-making with a broad range of peers & executives across organizational boundaries & upto the most senior organizational levels.
Collaborate closely with architects from various cross functional teams, & the company at large, to drive integration across multiple platforms & products, provide consultation, design input, & feedback for software development & design reviews. Collaborate with Product & Engineering Management to define the development, risk mitigation, roll-out / deployment plans.
Technically own overall architecture for scalable storage offerings across multiple concurrent releases & platforms, by scoping large complex programs, leading system architecture development across multiple teams & concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of detail, & in particular rooting out technical interdependencies, risks & mitigation strategies. Get involved at a hands-on level designing & coding, as needed.
Champion, oversee & contribute to quality standards, strategies & modern methodologies, for company products through the use of systematic processes.
As an individual contributor, guide & mentor less-experienced staff members to set an example in excellence for innovation, development & maintainability of software applications. Participates in & provides input on the process for selection of future technical leaders.
Engage directly with customers & customer-facing field & support teams to understand customer needs & improve supportability of the product offering & for supporting key customer escalations by taking ownership of issues from diagnosis to resolution, with solid troubleshooting skills.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Ability to quickly learn, develop working experience and, drive innovation & thought leadership in new technologies, & make objective build vs buy vs leverage technological choices.
- Experience with all phases of SW product lifecycle - early concept, product definition, MVP development, GA / New Product Introduction, rollout to production deployments in enterprise environments, & mature product support.
- Solid experience with modular system architecture, system analysis & decomposition, design of distributed & high parallel processing systems, & architectural paradigms & design patterns for key constructs necessary for an enterprise-grade product, like HA, resiliency, availability, non-disruptive upgrades, data protection schemes
- Experience with building systems exhibiting enterprise characteristics of high availability, reliability, & supportability & driving performance & scale impact & analysis, measurement & improvement.
- Enthusiastic about working on a wide range of product areas across a large enterprise-class software codebase, with in depth understanding of system components like networking, data storage systems, features & protocols. distributed systems, data plane, management & control plane, low level software, etc.
- Comfortable with driving & documenting complex architectures/designs with mature design principles, design patterns, etc., & participating in Design & Code Reviews while exhibiting an ability to "think in code" for algorithmic performance & codebase maintainability.
- Technical knowledge of data center architectures, & on-prem vs public vs hybrid cloud deployments & architectures including SaaS, PaaS & IaaS.
- Thorough knowledge & experience of building developer API creation, implementation & support, RESTful services & using REST API & related frameworks
- Must have worked in agile environment, with CICD exposure & familiarity with related automation frameworks (e.g. Jenkins).
- Proficient in modern programming/scripting languages/technologies (Python, Go Language, Java, C/C++, etc), Linux & container technologies like Docker, & comfortable to get involved at a hands-on level in designing & coding, as necessary
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts around data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, distributed computing & cloud computing paradigms.
- You must be a proactive, motivated, driven team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.