Pendo is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to sell into the South East region of the U.S.
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 2x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven & hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. Finally, we have fun.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will report directly to Pendo's VP of Strategic Sales & will have direct lines of communication to our CEO, CRO, VP of Product, & any other resources needed to close business. The Strategic Account Executive will work to close large opportunities with SaaS companies, working closely with our Account Executives to nurture, cultivate, & expand on existing customers & generate new business. This individual is expected to be a leader & should help to grow this side of the business as well as help to cultivate future Strategic Sales Executives. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, lots of room for personal & professional growth, & a high energy environment.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Work full cycle deals from demo complete to close
- Research & target exciting new SaaS companies using prospecting tools
- Be an integral part of Pendo's new sales team in the Bay Area!
- Build & manage a territory plan
- Learn & demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers
- Navigate a customer through a 30-day free trial & proof of concept
- Negotiate contracts
- Record & document all sales activities in SalesForce.com
What you'll get:
- A deep knowledge of selling a SaaS B2B product
- Exposure to some of the top SaaS professionals in the industry
- Interaction with the top SaaS companies in the world as they are our customers
- The ability to prospect, demo, & close in a high paced environment
- Proficiency in sales tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Datanyze, LinkedIn, & more
- The more you succeedthe more responsibility you will getquickly!
Qualifications (what you have):
- 6 years or more of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment.
- Proven success in closing deal sizes at or above 100k.
- Consistent track record of hitting goal & numbers.
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics.
- Willingness to learn in a high-paced sales environment.
- Ability to embrace feedback & hold yourself accountable.
- The ability to learn technology basics & apply them to business situations.
- Bonus: Technical or Product Management background.
- Bonus: Entrepreneurial background.
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You willgain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future.Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental & vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Frequent company & team-building events
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.