We are looking for a strong global leader & world class storyteller. Someone that is deeply passionate about customers, can weave an engaging narrative, & has a compelling vision for building a Customer Marketing function to propel the company through its next stage of growth. As the leader of Customer Marketing you will define & own the marketing strategies & programs that focus on celebrating customers through advocacy, loyalty, & engagement. Working closely across the Marketing, Sales, & Customer Success teams, you will ensure that our customers are woven into the fabric of everything we do.
- Define the vision & strategy for building a world-class Customer Marketing team, & build the team.
- Amplify the customer voice through strategic storytelling - video, case studies, quotes, webinars, social media, campaigns, research, event speakers, media, reviews, etc.
- Capture the value & ROI of Appians customers to be used throughout Marketing activities & the company.
- Create a strong foundation for Customer Marketing, including the development & ownership of a single source of truth for capturing, consolidating, updating, disseminating, & managing customer rights, assets, & activities.
- Develop customer ABM strategies through champion enablement, strong customer relationships, campaigns, & customer events, working in close collaboration with Sales, Digital & Demand Generation, & Field & Industry Marketing teams.
- Oversee a strong customer reference pipeline by liaising with internal departments.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of our customers use cases & their business impact, serving as a resource for peers across the organization.
- Measure & report performance metrics regularly for corresponding programs, & adjust strategies & programs as required.
- Secure customer speakers & develop engaging presentations for marquee events.
- Contribute to the overall marketing campaign strategy & content with strong customer proof points across industries & geographies.
- Manage peer review sites like G2, TrustRadius & others, ensuring that we maintain & improve our leadership ranking.
- Work in close collaboration with teams across the company, including Sales, Customer Success, Investor Relations, Product Marketing, Industry Marketing, Creative, Digital & Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Analyst Relations, Partner Marketing & more.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing, of which 5+ years were in customer marketing & advocacy.
- Proven success as a communicator, writer, & with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong passion for serving & understanding customers.
- Successful track record for building customer relationships, & capturing & telling their stories across all formats.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in a fast-moving team in a rapidly growing company.
- Excellent written communication & storytelling skills; strong facilitation & presenting skills.
- Time management & prioritization skills are essential to be successful in this role, as demands & projects may take you in different directions each week.
- Process-oriented, & strong analytic & strategic thinking skills to problem solve & recommend solutions.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to multitask, prioritize & work with all levels & departments within an organization.
- Bachelors Degree, Masters a plus
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.