Regional Vice President (RVP), Customer Engagement
At Tanium, we care deeply about ensuring we support our customers business objectives for many years, & that we continue to offer them value so that they continue to do business with us. The Customer Engagement team is comprised of two smaller teams: 1) the Customer Experience team that works cross functionally to improve the customer lifecycle, gather customer feedback at scale, & better design the customer experience to reduce sources of friction & potential churn & 2) the Customer Engagement Directors, comprised of proactive, relationship-oriented individuals who work directly with customers to ensure their business outcomes are successful & that they continue to renew with Tanium.
This role would manage a team of Customer Engagement Directors (which may evolve into a multi-tiered team, as business needs require) whose ultimate goal is to ensure Tanium is delivering business value to customers & they are renewing year-over-year. You will work cross-functionally at all levels to gather data on customer needs, conduct pattern-recognition of churn risk, share renewal/upsell best practices across & within your region, & solve acute & systemic problems for your people & their customers.
This is a building role. This is a role that envisions a world of better value to customers & a more efficient delivery of that value. You are able to translate that vision to action & execution on your team. You & your team-members will evangelize retention at Tanium & evaluate the people, process, & technology opportunities to improve & transform the business.
Some examples of what youll do:
- Build, iterate, lead, & educate key stakeholders around the Renewals process at Tanium. Youll support your team in partnering with stakeholders across the business to preserve & improve customer contracts & relationships (these include but are not limited to Technical Sales Engineers, Sales Leaders, Sales Operations, Product Management, Customer Marketing, IT / Infrastructure, etc.
- Work closely with the Customer Experience team to find & fix areas of friction in the customer journey, the customer lifecycle, & renewal cycle
- Work with your team to discover & identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth
- Serve as not only an escalation point of risk but also a fixer & problem-solver at scale that alerts & brings together teams of experts across the business as well as our executive team so that every possible action has been taken to mitigate customer risk.
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- MBA/MS/MA preferred
- 10+ years in Account Management, Renewals/Retention, Customer Success, Customer Experience, preferably in SaaS or a similar industry
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role
- A demonstrated track record of leading a team of diverse, talented professionals to career success
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Contract management, licensing, procurement, pricing, negotiation, & sales operations experience preferred
- Core competencies for this role:
- Leadership that exudes integrity, honesty, & patience with a team of high-octane, talented professionals
- Adaptable team allocation & cross-leveling abilities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with ease & translate corporate direction & strategic goals into tactical engagement & execution
- Deep, systematic problem-solving & critical-thinking skills for our customers, our people, & our company
- Discovery, negotiation, & closing: Obsesses over value & return on investment while also understanding how to drive outcomes that satisfy both parties. Is not satisfied until the deal is in
- Organized & accountable: Detail-and big-picture oriented, with strong project management skills keeping all parties informed & stakeholders tracking to the same goal of customer satisfaction & retention
- Empathy & an outside in mentality: Intuitive listener with ability to translate & communicate customer priorities, business objectives, process & operational challenges into proposed solutions/options using Tanium
- Strategic thinking: Understands the broader corporate initiatives & how they apply to their team & their customers. Has mastered the ability to translate strategic goals to tactical action in order to achieve the desired results.
- Communication: Has mastered executive communication, particularly with customers, & demonstrates emotional intelligence & patience in all forms of communication. Anticipates blockers & delays, & communicates appropriately before requiring escalation. Also analyzes whether tasks are the highest & best use of time & practices the redirecting of erroneous requests to re-focus on tasks that will accomplish the key business objectives.
- Teamwork & Influencing: is a master at building cross-functional relationships & has strong influencing skills, working effectively with customer, partner, & Tanium leadership. Is able to work in a team environment to present logical & compelling arguments to enhance innovation & efficiencies & build processes to improve the customer experience & retention.
- Thrives in an ambiguous, fast paced, loosely defined & constantly evolving environment
- Technically astute. Able to understand majority of large enterprise IT & Security concepts
- Travel up to 30% within regional territory (Covid-19 guidelines permitting)
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/