Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
This position is for an experienced designer looking to join a highly impactful, creative, & dynamic team.
- You have experience designing & shipping successful experiences for enterprise users and/or have the ability to work within a technical & highly complex environment.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, & the needs of our customers & can transform those insights into beautifully designed products.
- You are a strong interaction designer & demonstrate a solid understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, & information architecture.
- You have great communication skills. You can initiate discussions, facilitate brainstorms, support your design decisions, & thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have a strong intuition, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct & validate your ideas through user research & feedback.
What Youll Do
As a Product Designer, you'd be joining a small, but growing team in New York focused on delivering valuable & intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, & enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. Youll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, & follow through to development & release.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. Youll partner closely with engineering & product managers to synthesize ideas & define requirements.
- Make data-driven decisions & advocate for your users. Youll tie your decisions back to your research & guide the product strategy from the users perspective while keeping business goals & engineering constraints in mind.
- Work autonomously & act as a mentor for other designers. Take ownership of your work & effectively manage priorities. Advise junior team members throughout the design process.
- Uphold high standards for visual & interaction design. Contribute to our existing design system in a scalable way.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience designing products for desktop & mobile, experience with information-heavy products or designing for complex systems is a plus.
- Ability to quickly come up with multiple concepts & prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, & when to make low-fi sketches & wireframes.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing complex user workflows for integrated systems, information architecture, visual design, usability research/analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS, & a working knowledge of current engineering approaches to building enterprise products.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.