Global Media Manager
The Media Strategy & Planning team within Marketing at Booking.com is looking for a Media Manager. This is a role where the world of building a media strategy to deliver on our business objectives collides with true performance marketing . We are looking for someone who excels in both worlds. You must feel as comfortable with media strategy & channel planning as you do with the data & analysis.
In this role you will contribute to the development of theBooking.com business, by helping to develop the best regional & locally relevant media strategies & plans targeted to our EMEA audience. You will do this by selecting the right media channels, by using the data available to you, & you will help drive our business strategy.
The ideal candidate you will have media planning experience across multiple markets & media channels, in particular a robust understanding of the programmatic space. You must be capable of creating efficient & effective media plans that are built on data & set up with rigorous testing & measurement.
Experience across strategy, planning, buying & optimisation across on & offline / online is key for this role. As is the experience in building multimarket media strategies, managing media agencies at a regional / global level & the ability to lead strategic media projects such as global partner management.
In this role you will be reporting to the Global Media Team Lead EMEA & you will work closely together with the global Brand Communications & wider Media team, as well as creative & media agencies to help bring the Booking vision to life in relevant media in various markets around the globe. This role is based at our Global HQ in Amsterdam.
- Manage media strategy & plan development for key markets by developing integrated, creative & impactful media plans & tactics, which deliver business results.
- Ensure all media investment is measurable against KPIs & utilize media in the most efficient & effective way.
- Lead daily collaboration with our in-house programmatic team to ensure all online campaign activity is performing & activated in line with media strategy in your markets.
- Work closely with the wider media team as well as our marketing science analytics team to test, measure & learn from all activity we are doing.
- Drive local market media planning: this includes media agency briefing, critiquing responses & advising on budget setting
- Ensure the global media strategy & creative assets are utilized in the most relevant way across your key European markets.
- Establish strong relationships with key leads within global & key local media agency teams for the effective day-to-day management of market campaign delivery. Push & maintain high standard of excellence & agility in the thinking & the executions.
- Manage the delivery by agency teams of periodic post buy reviews, activity updates, & financial reporting.
- Assist in communications plan creation & lead in market execution of these plans in collaboration with global communications team. Helping define the right consumer journey for your markets.
- Take an active role in driving our innovation roadmap. Including testing new demand channels to best connect with your consumer & drive performance & growth.
- Strong experience in media planning across all media channels (TV, Digital, Social, Audio, OOH) in Europe or Global need to have multi-market management experience.
- Ability to move between media strategy & activation, understanding how to move from business objective to media strategy & through to activation.
- Ability to drive data-driven integrated strategy & practical planning from agency & internal teams.
- Confidently review. critique & media plans & presentations.
- Strong digital & programmatic media knowledge comfortable using digital media for performance.
- Able to review performance of campaigns in detail as well as understand correct testing (A/B) methods to demonstrate media has performed.
- Previous ecommerce experience would be highly beneficial
- Able to build & maintain strong & effective relationships with media owners & agencies, as well as with internal teams.
- Natural curiosity & passion for media (new trends, media & technology) & strong attention to detail, great organizational & people skills & effective team-player.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage many different projects at once.
- Team player, with the ability to inspire & be inspired by many different types of people & roles.
- Confidently take projects from business objectives to briefing stage through to completion with limited supervision, & proactively bringing updates forward to manager.
- Fluent in English, one or more other languages recommended.
- 7+ years of experience within media planning / management