WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 & the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Magazines Best Places to Work (2019 & 2020), & Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 & 2020).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are expanding our team & seek a hands-on, experienced Director of Internal Audit to help build & lead the internal audit function at Braze as we look to prepare the company for public readiness. You will be responsible for creating & deploying a risk-based audit plan to ensure effective internal control within the organization's control environment. As the Director of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for building out the internal audit discipline & function within a challenging, hands on environment.
We are open to this position being based in New York City, Chicago, or San Francisco.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Oversee & own all internal audit functions of the organization by developing a risk-based audit plan addressing key business practices, financial processes & controls, operational areas, information technology, & related security activities.
- Review the audit plan with the senior management as well as the organizations Audit Committee.
- Execute the annual audit plan & identify factors causing deficient internal control conditions & recommend, implement & monitor a course of action to improve controls, as well as prepare an internal audit report.
- Communicate results of various internal audit engagements & other activities, including any significant risk exposures & control issues, fraud risks, governance issues & other matters requiring attention to senior management & the Audit Committee.
- Collaborate & manage external audit teams & engagements as necessary.
- Complete internal audits on time by developing comprehensive testing & resource plans ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Lead Brazes efforts to comply with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act which would include developing an implementation plan, ensuring execution across the organization & facilitating the testing & operating effectiveness of our internal controls.
- Build positive relationships across management at all levels to effectively deliver audit solutions & contribute directly to business success.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
- CPA & CIA certification a must
- 7+ years relevant experience, including a mix of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm & internal auditing and/or internal control roles
- Software/SaaS or Technology industry experience with subscription & professional services revenue
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts & frameworks (COSO, COBIT, ITGC, SOX business processes) & prior experience creating & managing the end-to-end audit program process.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; ability to clearly & concisely interface with all levels of management
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, & proactive problem-solving approach
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized & great attention to details
- Early stage company / pre IPO to post IPO a plus
- Experience using Workivas SOX compliance platform is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.