Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our tech recruiting team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Senior Technical Recruiter to partner closely with our Technical Leadership & Tech Recruiting team to spearhead new recruiting initiatives, redefine recruiting processes, & scale our product & engineering teams. In this role, you will not only source, engage & hire the best tech talent out there, but will be given the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders (and an awesome People Team!) to define & build a strong & effective recruiting machine.
This is a critical time for Oscar, so if youre looking to make a real impact & help build an incredible team thats truly changing lives, lets chat!
- Partner closely with senior leadership to define recruiting processes
- Source, engage, & hire top tech talent for some of our most technical & impactful engineering teams
- Manage a passive funnel, applicant funnel, & drive referrals
- Prepare offers, create strategic closing plans, negotiate compensation packages, & ultimately sign top candidates
- Understand the market & develop creative ways to connect with the right talent
- Train & mentor more junior members of the team on recruiting fundamentals
- Collaborate with the rest of the recruiting team to ensure great candidate experience, build & execute interview plans, & have a little fun!
- You have 6 years of successful recruiting experience in a high-volume, tech-focused environment
- You are metrics-minded & let the numbers drive your approach
- Youre a relationship builder & proactively engage with hiring managers & candidates
- You are well-versed in utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter to source top candidates
- You're familiar with email drip campaign tools, email scrapers, & profile aggregators
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, love driving process, & take ownership of the candidate journey end-to-end
- Youre creative, strategic & always striving to improve
- You have both agency & in-house recruiting experience
- Youre familiar with Greenhouse or a similar Applicant Tracking System
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.