Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
We are searching for a dedicated Paralegal, who will thrive in our fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong executive presence with excellent interpersonal & social skills while remaining flexible & easily adaptable to changing priorities.
In this role, you will provide support to the legal team in a variety of functions. The ideal applicant will also have demonstrated experience working in a company (not a law firm) with all levels of internal & external professionals, handling Non-Disclosure Agreements, government requests, as well as insurance claims & policies. A successful candidate must be a fast learner, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, a solid multi-tasker, polished & professional.
Within the first three months, you will:
- Learn about the company & the departments you assist
- Managing our electronic & paper legal files & ensuring they are properly filed
- Sending out NDA forms
- Processing legal bills & familiarizing yourself with our legal budget
- Logging all subpoenas in our database.
- Filling out all required forms, including government & other required licenses
- Maintain executives contact lists, entering in contacts as needed
- Assist with general requests
Within the first six months, you will:
- Negotiating third party NDAs & handling all NDA requests
- Negotiating advertising terms & conditions
- Responding to all subpoena & government requests
- Understand all of our transit contracts as well as the differences among them
- Assist executives in Board meeting preparation
- Managing the legal departments budget & assisting with managing workload
- Manage your own workload so you stay productive & busy, requesting additional projects if you have free time.
Within the first year, you will:
- Manage the legal budget & help prepare a monthly analysis of legal spend
- Negotiating engagement letters with law firms & lobbyists
- Assisting with insurance filings, requesting & managing certificates of insurance & ensuring all litigation claims are filed with the appropriate insurance companies. Be knowledgeable about all Company policies.
- Understand the complexities of our business & legal entities.
- Support the department with respect to communication with the Board of Directors; maintain corporate books
You are great for this role because you have:
- A Bachelors Degree. At least 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, strong preference for that experience to have been within a corporate in-house legal department.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills & a positive attitude are a must.
- The best candidate is adept at handling sensitive information & working with multiple personalities while also being proactive, i.e., taking the initiative to solve a problem.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, impeccable judgment, & superior attention to detail
- Ability to understand & a strong desire to learn about Intersections smart city innovation initiatives & corporate business goals
- Independent, self-motivated with strong organizational skills & possess the ability to manage priorities & handle multiple tasks with frequent, tight deadlines, remaining calm under pressure & responsive throughout.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer