The senior commodities manager will assist the company to research future architectures & technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for developing new supplier & new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, & project agreements are accurate & well established prior to pipelining.
- Develop strategic roadmaps linking to his/her relevant commodities, which include scanning & developing new suppliers for potential incorporation into new/existing products.
- Drive advanced sourcing efforts across key electronics areas, partnering closely with software, system, electrical, & other key engineering & technology disciplines.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, & cost goals.
- Collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation & resolve problems, & advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide strong technical direction within the specific commodities, by evaluating & guiding product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage & lead the operations effort of developing new & adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Develop & execute commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project, which include fixed & variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, etc.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff & management.
- Own the supplier performance management of his/her respective commodities, which includes key delivery, quality, cost, & innovation metrics.
- Act as the primary escalation for his/her respective commodity
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Domain expertise may include - semiconductors, passives, sensors, power sources, etc.
- Previous experience collaborating with Asian ODM/JDM/EMS.
- Significant background with EE component demand-supply cycles with varied approaches in partnering with suppliers to ensure high demand-supply alignment in a volatile environment.
- Strategic thinker, experienced putting together commodities strategy/roadmap with key engineering stakeholders.
- Well-versed in TCO analysis to ensure data-driven analytics tied to component & supplier selection, in a product-based ecosystem.
- Bachelors degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.