Were looking for a Lead UX Designer to drive design-led innovation at AlphaSights. Youll run complex design projects across multiple product teams, shape our user experience strategy, & build a design practice from the ground up, upskilling your colleagues in the process.
Its a great opportunity for a seasoned practitioner to bring to life human-centered design products that meet both user needs & business goals to a space ripe for disruption.
We are defining an industry at the intersection of human capital & technological innovation, pushing the boundaries of how we acquire & share knowledge to drive progress for business & society. From investors to corporate strategists, business-builders to social entrepreneurs, our clients are innovators & decision-makers spanning every industry & geography. Though their pursuits differ, they share a common need: to converge data, ideas, & earned wisdom to navigate competitive & rapidly-evolving markets.
Leveraging relevant industry data & our proprietary knowledge search technology powered by the latest in machine learning, natural language processing, & data science, we connect people to the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs 600+ professionals in nine offices around the globe & regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
- Define the vision for our end-to-end user experience, collaborating with our Product & Engineering leadership to turn that vision into reality.
- Lead design projects through the product development lifecycle, working closely with Product & Engineering as we understand problems & iterate through solutions.
- Plan & execute user research, deploying all the tools in your arsenal to understand user motivations, habits, & workflows.
- Distill your work into highly engaging & functional sketches, wireframes, user journeys, prototypes, & hi-fidelity designs communicating & presenting these ideas to both technology & commercial stakeholders.
- Champion user experience & advocate for design & user research best practice across the organisation, helping to build our design culture & systems.
- Eventually attract & coach more junior designers to unlock their potential & guide their career growth.
Youre a great fit if you:
- Have 5-7 years of design experience.
- Live & breathe UX; are up-to-date with, & ideally driving forward, best-practices in the industry.
- Excel using the tools of the trade (e.g., Zeplin, InVision), particularly rapid-prototyping technology.
- Love tackling ambiguous design problems, combining both intuitive & analytical thinking, & have the grit to get to a desirable & viable solution.
- Are a clear thinker & persuasive communicator with an ability to gain support for your ideas & engage with stakeholders across the company to gather feedback.
- Have excellent organisational, time, communication, & project management skills.
- Have Design Sprint or other group brainstorming facilitation expertise (preferred)
- Hold a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar (preferred)
Why join us?
- Culture: AlphaSights has the resources of an established company with the fast-moving, forward-thinking approach of a start-up. Were a diverse, global team thats dedicated to working hard, continuously improving, & having fun in the process.
- Benefits: Competitive salary; generous paid time off & parental leave
- Wellness: Full medical, dental, & vision benefits; weekly yoga & other in-office exercise classes
- Savings: 401(k) company match; discounts on gym & transportation
- Learning: Conference & professional development budget; office speaker series
- Travel: Opportunity to work & train abroad & go on offsite trips
- Fuel: Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, & other drinks
- Events: Monthly budget to bond with your team outside of the office; company-sponsored sports leagues, Friday socials, & summer/holiday parties