Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results driven.
The Director of Omnichannel Customer Experience (CX) is an innovative, operationally-minded strategic leader, who will be responsible for ensuring best-in-class customer service experience for the Glossier community & that the customers voice is represented across the organization. This person will innovate to develop creative Omnichannel CX strategies & formats, partnering with other leaders to redefine what CX means at Glossier. The Director of Omnichannel CX will scale our community-driven omnichannel customer experience, ensuring we have the strategy, operations & resources to deliver a best-in-class customer experience across customer journeys. This role requires a balance of strategic thinking, hands on leadership capabilities & tactical problem solving to create a great experience for our customers & CX team & will report to our Senior Director, Retail & Customer Experience
Six Month Expectations
- Ensure consistency in our brand voice in every interaction with our customers across all of our support channels & innovate to develop new CX formats that involve our community & peer-to-peer interactions
- Develop a deep understanding of operations within the CX team & how they interact with key stakeholders.
- Develop & lead a Voice of Customer program in partnership with cross-functional leaders to educate internal teams on customer sentiment & support Glossiers value of being devoted to the customer.
- Develop a strong partnership with our third-party customer service vendor, who acts as the first line of defense with customer inquiries
- Support the team & stakeholders with the recent implementation of Shopify
- Develop & implement scalable systems to build a community-driven CX team, finding innovative ways to improve the performance of our team
- Create best-in-class CX operations by analyzing productivity, quality, & ROI metrics to ensure customer-centric & efficient CX growth
- Lead fraud tool management & strategy, ensuring Trust & Safety KPIs are maintained
- Coach & mentor senior CX talent across several functions, including frontline, training, operations, & strategy
Twelve Month Expectations
- Work with the Senior Director of Retail & Customer Experience & other key cross-functional leaders to develop the long-term CX Omnichannel strategy, which focuses on driving loyalty, engagement & conversion
- Develop strategic omni-channel customer policies to support Glossiers customer experience & business objectives
- Proactively act as a champion for the customer in cross-functional initiatives
- Work cross-functionally & with internal & external partners to develop the technologies required to support our community-driven CX model
- Innovate to develop new CX formats that involve our community & peer-to-peer interactions
- Own the strategic growth of our global CX team as we enter new markets
- Be a strategic thought leader for the company for how CX is impacted & can be leveraged for realizing the companys growth goals
- Develop a long term strategy for how Glossiers omnichannel CX remains best in class for our Editors & our customers for years to come.
- 8+ years of high performance work in a related field, consulting or corporate strategy
- Experience managing a large team & vendors (10+ individuals)
- Strong strategy & analytics skills
- Experience with Retail, eCommerce and/or DTC company preferred
- Experience with Kustomer & Shopify a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects & the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Drive to find & improve inefficiencies
- Appreciation for all things beauty
- Experience in a rapidly scaling start-up
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.