Company Description|Job Description
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Analyst, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Value in Kind (VIK) Client Incentives are an integral & rapidly growing part of Visa's Global strategy, & represent commitments by Clients & Visa to develop their mutual business. This role sits within the Client Incentive Operations team in Finance & is to support VIK client incentive accounting, liabilities, funding calculations & MI reporting.
This will include the build of complex VIK contractual terms into the ORMB system & the tracking & reporting of VIK funds, drawdown & revenues.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Build VIK financial models, contractual terms & accounting streams into Oracle Revenue Management & Billing system (ORMB).
- Capture of VIK client incentive contractual obligations, accounting & drawdown in the Oracle Revenue Management & Billing system (ORMB).
- Calculation of VIK client incentives, evaluating performance against contractual terms to determine due support.
- Manage the tracking & reporting of all VIK contract funding availability, project draw down & revenue recognition.
- Collaborate with the Operation Support, cluster finance, revenue & billing team on executing accurate & complete VIK revenue recognition, reporting & tracking.
- Build & manage relationships with Account Executives relating to performance contracts & VIK funding.
- Responsible for VIK month end accounting activities, including accounting entries for revenue deferral, accrual calculation, revenue recognition, variance analysis & reconciliations.
- Responsible for timely sign off of funding approvals for VIK requests.
- Providing MI & VIK reporting to HQ & the business.
- Build complex Booking Packages', excel models forecasting & calculating the accounting for client incentive contracts & manage resulting payments to clients.
- Manage the client incentive payment cycle in line with CIO governance.
- Support compliance with CIO governance process & audit requirements, including documentation & tracking of approvals
- Support forecasting of VIK incentives for existing contracts.
- Develop the VIK processes & driving higher accuracy, efficiency & control.
- Provide training & guidance to the business & finance on VIK accounting.
What we're after...
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA studier (or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience in a financial accounting role
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. vlookups / Pivots / Macros) with extensive skills in modelling & working with complex data sets
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Prior experience in contract analysis
- Ability to set & keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Willingness to work under pressure
- Intellectual curiosity & a desire to understand the business
- Self-motivated & a team player
- Demonstrates proven experience of making continuous improvement to the efficiency & controls of processes
- Agile & comfortable adapting to different environments & changing business needs
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.