Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value & information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses & government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop & offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid & cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants & government entities with a secure, convenient & reliable way to pay & be paid in 170 countries & territories.
This position is for a StaffRelease Engineer in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing Release automation framework for Cybersecurity tools & services. Are you interested to be part of world class Information Security team & work with Security technologies experts to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it Threat-modelling, static code analysis? Do you like to solve complex security tools automationproblems & work with world class security experts?
You'll need to have excellent communication & cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies & have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis & web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 5-7 years of experience with Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience on Release Management.
- 1+ years of experience working on CI/CD.
- 1+ years of experience working on Docker Containers.
- Strong Java Programming Skills.
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) software development team
- Hands on experience in working with SQL queries
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, analytical skills, fanatical attention to detail & curiosity.
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Ensure that when we create a release branch, a full regression test of that branch passes within a 4 - 8 hrs.
- Put tools/processes in place to ensure when integration build breaks an existing feature, that team member is notified & the issue can be addressed immediately
- Familiar with CI/CD Automation & capable of designing CI Automation as needed using Jenkins
- Work with our team to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server & application server logs, etc.
- Help team achieve goal on improving the quality & reliability of our products.
- Manage cross-functional internal & external team collaboration, evangelization, & communications
- Develop & optimize processes to improve software development efficiency in the consumption of security development practices
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for secure software development & incident response
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.