Smartling is seeking a Language Services Operations Manager to join our team. We are looking for a true go-getter to own the critical task of making language services more accessible, scalable & reliable for our growing list of customers. In return, we offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, a clear career path & the unique opportunity to be a part of a high-growth company that is changing the world.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects associated with delivery of translations on the Smartling platform. This means playing the link between our linguist community, customers & the Smartling team to coordinate, monitor & deliver all translation projects per Smartlings quality & turnaround time commitments.
Smartling is a cloud-based platform that enables businesses to translate content faster, better & cheaper through translation management software integrated with highly scalable & reliable language services. Leading businesses like Pinterest, Spotify & WeWork use Smartling everyday to go global in over fifty languages.
Tasks at hand
- Overseeing & delivering multiple translation projects on a daily basis, ensuring that Smartling meets its quality & turnaround time SLAs with all customers.
- Managing all aspects of translator capacity/ quality issues in a proactive manner.
- Fostering close relationships with linguists & ensuring reliability & accountability of a growing translator community.
- Collaborating with sales, technology & linguist teams to assess & manage complex translation assignments.
- Must enjoy multitasking, prioritizing & delivering in a high-paced environment & under tight timelines.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, persistent & positive in the face of tough challenges.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of self-motivation to constantly do things better, & to set the bar higher for yourself & others around you.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- High degree of comfort with/ ability to quickly pick up cloud-based software.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Fluency in a second language is highly desired.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with translation technology.
- Knowledge of SaaS Dashboards.
- Adaptable. Accept & embrace changes as situations or objective evolve.
- Task Management Hero. Demonstrate the ability to work within timelines for successful completion of assigned tasks or projects.
- Results Focused. Exhibit commitment to goals & consistently deliver results.
- Enthusiastic. Maintain optimism through ups & downs; bounce back undaunted.
- Customer Focused. Build positive & fruitful customer relationships by giving customers needs priority & responding quickly to customer concerns.
- Accountable. Maintain consistency in all aspects of their job.
What matters to Smartling?
Two things - our clients & you. We believe that work is one of the most important parts of our lives, therefore we believe in a winning culture & great benefits:
- Competitive salary & Employee Stock Options purchase plan.
- Great culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Fully stocked kitchen with unlimited drinks, snacks & fresh fruits.
- Convenient offices in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central!
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc).
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.