Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Payroll Analyst position is based in New York & reports to the Senior Manager of Payroll. The role is responsible for managing & processing the US payroll to ensure compliance with domestic rules, regulations, & laws.
- Manage & process US & non-US payroll
- Ensure accurate payroll funding occurs for all accounts & payroll taxes are remitted on time
- Manage US & non-US year-end resulting in accurate W-2’s & related tax filing for global payroll processing
- Partner with global HR Business Partners & HR Operations to ensure effective processes & issue resolution
- Create US & non-US journal entries & ensure payroll entries are balanced & reconciled in a timely manner
- Partner with other Payroll Analyst & Payroll Lead in reviewing the international payrolls
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS, ADP Workforce Now Payroll & 3rd Party Payroll providers to ensure systems are in sync & in compliance on a semi-monthly & monthly payroll frequency
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager in developing global payroll controls
- Partner with the Payroll Manager on the implementation of new technology to streamline the global payroll process
- Develop, maintain, update, & communicate company-wide payroll policies & processes regarding earnings, deductions, time-keeping as well as government compliance reporting
- Collaborate with multiple business teams within the organization like HR, Corporate Tax, Accounting, Accounting Policy, other Finance functions & External Reporting & Technology
- Monitor employee e-mail inquiries from the payroll inbox & respond to employees as necessary
- Assist the Payroll Manager with payroll tax inquiries, payroll tax audits & other audits such as 401k audits & Worker’s Comp
- Provide excellent customer service to all of our employees & business partners/stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Federal & State withholding, Internal Revenue Service regulations, & payroll best practices
- Basic knowledge of international payroll processes & regulations
- Ability to analyze, research & resolve payroll inquiries
- Advanced Excel skills (vlooksup, pivots)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement & high level of attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent organization skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
- Strong customer-focus & ability to maintain confidentiality to payroll & other employee personal information
- Ability to maintain employee confidence & to protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of payroll experience
- Experience with federal, state, & local statutory payroll audits is a plus but not required
- Experience with accounting processes & month-end close including journal entries & reconciliations as it relates to payroll is a plus but not required
- Basic knowledge of Sox controls
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.