Hi, we're Oscar.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
At Oscar, all things employee engagement are either led or supported by the People Experience team. We are looking to fill a key role supporting the work of some of our most valued employees. Our next People Experience Coordinator shouldnt describe themself as a people person, instead show us through your past work that you understand what motivates people.
We are looking for an innovator to fill this crucial role on the people experience team based out of our New York City office. A successful candidate, working alongside other People Experience team members, will create scalable processes & engaging events both visually & physically. The ideal candidate will continue Oscars push to maintain an award-winning program that is both scalable & data driven. Finally, the coordinator will be responsible for managing our vast yet important new hire orientation program. Which includes working with stakeholders from across the organization. Are you up for the challenge?
You will report into the Senior Manager, People Experience.
- Working with key partners you will own the New Hire Orientation program
- Ownership of People Experience programming from end to end
- Serve as a trusted advisor to partners across the organization on all things related to organizational culture
- Effective management of regional budget
- Identifying & creating processes with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience both in written & spoken form
- Ability to work independently & as a member of a highly functioning national team
- 3 years experience creating & managing events and/or calendar of programmings
- 3 years creating & driving processes independently or in a group setting
- 2 years experience creating or contributing to specific communications that reach a diverse audience
- Demonstrated budget management experience
- Significant experience collaborating both within & outside of your immediate work team
- Experience identifying & leveraging key relationships to build programming & to meet goals
- Project management experience
- Understanding of cutting edge employee engagement tactics
- Positive, enthusiastic, & outgoing personality
- Works well in a fast paced environment & is able to multitask
- A sharp eye for seeing around corners, in other words anticipating problems
- Intimate knowledge of applications such as; Google Suite, Workday, & JIRA
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.