We're looking for a talented lead product designer to join our Customer Experience team in our Denver office. At Gusto, we define a successful customer experience as one that combines both great software & service. In this role, youll help reimagine how our customers get the help they need, when they need it, by making our products more self-serve, & assisting our internal customer service agents become trusted advisors to them by making internal tools easy & enjoyable to use.
Gusto is a customer-focused company, whose mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Design is part of a cross-disciplinary group of researchers, writers, engineers, & product managers that help build our products. Together, we craft thoughtful experiences that have a profound & positive impact on small businesses & their employees.
As a product designer on the Customer Experience team, you will be driving design concepts, creating UX flows & prototypes, conducting research, & defining final designs for several customer & internal employee facing experiences. Youll be working directly with engineering & product management partners to develop strategy & execute on your designs. You'll also be part of a larger, extended design team & creative community in San Francisco, Denver, & New York.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research, to pixel-perfect execution for new & existing product lines
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product Management, & Customer Care to build & ship experiences that keep our customers & internal customer service agents constantly delighted
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion & strong cross-functional collaboration
- Translate quantitative data & qualitative insights into creative ideas & informed design decisions
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, & motivation to every interaction
Heres what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of related professional experience, leading design initiatives & strategy on a mix of consumer & enterprise experiences
- Service design mindset
- A pro at using quantitative & qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences & user behavior
- An excellent communicator & influencer who can work well with various groups & levels of the organization
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- Humble spirit
- Genuine empathy for small business owners & employees & a deep desire to improve their lives
- Experience with customer care tools is a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.