Recipe for Success-
- Responsible for scheduling, supervising & assigning work to 9 maintenance technicians (6 maintenance techs & 3 Boiler/Refrigeration engineers)
- Responsible for managing, organizing & updating our maintenance ticketing system. (Will have assistance from a dedicated admin)
- Responsible to perform logs/Inspections/reports assigned by Facility Director
- Responsible for maintaining our CMMS asset management system, making sure it is kept up to date. (Assistance from admin & remote support contract) (Data entry will be performed by admin under FM’s direction).
- Responsible for locating/ordering parts for projects & repairs maintaining relationship with part suppliers.
- Responsible for overseeing correct repairs of kitchen equipment, both performed by our in-house labor & 3rd party miniatous contract.
- Assist facility director with management of maintenance contracts assigned by director
- Maintain & enforce a class A standard for overall building condition & cleanliness.
- Abide & enforce a safe working condition for facility & plant workers. Working in conjunction with health & safety department.
- Abide & enforce all food safe practices set forth by our Food Safety & Quality department inspectors.
- Responsible for addressing FD operations maintenance concerns within a 650,000sqft facility inclusive of refrigeration, conveyors, food processing equipment, racking, dock doors, general building maintenance.
Key Ingredients –
- Five (5)+ years of Maintenance or Construction Management Experience
- Should be familiar with: Refrigeration, HVAC, commercial plumbing equipment (Boilers, pumps, etc.), Rolling overhead doors, electrical, Cooking equipment & appliances, PM contract management, BMS, Microsoft office.
Add dash of –
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, & Word
- Time management & prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach & develop a successful team
- Must be resourceful & exercise strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to assist in recruitment, interviewing & training of new Associates
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company & the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City & Philadelphia metropolitan areas, & the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest & best-tasting meat, fish, produce, & specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, & farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, & essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable & community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career & feed your future & have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits & we go above & beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, & a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible & generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect & FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, & other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, & Zumba, & monthly manicures & massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese & Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back & forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues & and annual company picnic for friends & family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified & meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job