Exciting Advisory Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global [AD1] offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Trade Advisory Manager on the East Coast to join our Trade Advisory team. In this role, youll be responsible for managing a team of associates, growing our business & helping our clients navigate the complex web of global trade alongside some of the smartest people in the advisory, customs & logistics industries as we collectively challenge the status quo & reduce friction in global trade.
- Do whatever it takes to help our clients to resolve trade related questions & problems.
- Strive to create an agile technology focused high performance culture.
- Manage a team & be a proactive leader to build & grow Trade Advisory services.
- Independently own a portfolio of clients & projects & be responsible for execution & reporting relevant metrics.
- Use creativity to improve operational efficiency, leadership communication, & revenue growth.
- Research trade related matters such as tariff classification, valuation, country of origin, trade remedies, & free trade agreements.
- Prepare client deliverables including memos & presentations.
- Monitor client deadlines & prepare submissions to CBP.
- Maintain active communication with clients, CBP & internal stakeholders.
- Proactively stay informed on the latest CBP & OGA regulations, ruling issuances, & industry trends that are relevant to our clients.
- Organize & execute internal & external trade related communications.
- Support Trade Advisory infrastructure & administrative requirements.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- Licensed Customs Broker highly desirable, J.D. or graduate degree preferred
- 5-7 years trade related experience working in house, at customs brokerage, consulting or law firm preferred.
- 2-4 years experience managing associates, projects, & business metrics.
- Strong technical & business writing skills.
- Public speaking & presentation skills, including experience with webinars, training sessions, & client facing presentations.
- An advanced command of tariff classification, valuation, duty minimization & avoidance strategies, government regulations & rulings, & other trade information.
- Strong interpersonal skills & detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, & problem-solving skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite & Google equivalents.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.