The Sales Director, Public Sector position is based nominally in London, however candidates from across the UK will be welcome, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading, hiring, & mentoring a small but growing team of Public Sector (PS) sales account executives to exceed their sales annual recurring revenue (ARR) goals.
We are looking for a strong sales leader to report into our UK&I RVP & focus on building an extraordinary sales team. This leader will focus on coaching & developing the team to ensure their success through skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, & building a highly empowered, diverse, constructive sales culture.
The PS team will focus on 4 main sales theatres, Central Government, Local Government, Higher Education & the NHS. Our Account Executives are responsible for maintaining high activity standards; daily prospecting, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, & delivering assigned quarterly ARR targets.
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
As the Public Sector Sales Director at Okta you will:
- Lead the team of Senior Account Executives in achieving individual & team quota
- Support direct reports by participating & leading in client & prospect meetings or engaging other resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring & development of a sales team which includes recruiting, hiring & mentoring new reps.
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings.
- You will be reporting on sales activity & forecast to senior sales management.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, & tracking the results.
- Quote, negotiate, & assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects.
- Manage daily & weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts & closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management.
- Coordinate & lead weekly & monthly one-on-one & team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings & training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Work closely with an extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 5 years sales leadership experience in the UK public sector space.
- Have achieved demonstrable success in leading a high-performing sales team within a SaaS sales environment.
- You must be an Influencer & Change Maker with the skills to adapt appropriately to a fast moving situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building & maintaining trusting relationships with colleagues & customers.
- Experience of leading, coaching, & developing senior account executives.
- Previous experience of setting KPIs, performance reviews & individual development plans.
- Successful track record in a high value sales environment.
- Excellent presentation & listening skills.
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to successfully hire & train new sales representatives & coach lower performers through to success.
- Successful history of closing business, & over-achieving quota.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately & boldly forecast sales results.
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment.
- You must demonstrate the ability to express ideas using strong listening & communication skills to influence & gain buy-in from your team, leadership, customers, & all your stakeholders.
- The ability to travel, including customer & partner sites, & visits to our EMEA HQ in London, & the US.
It would be advantageous to have:
- Understanding of & experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on & API & CIAM based solutions.
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent (preferred but not essential).
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing & making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation & speak with one of our recruiters.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.