A Better company
Better Cover is one of Betters newest, most exciting ventures: a licensed insurance agency creating a seamless, digital, customer-first insurance experience. Betters mission is to improve access to home ownership for a new generation of Americans, & here at Better Cover, our mission is to help you protect your home with a transparent & comprehensive homeowners insurance product. We are looking for growth-minded, empathetic, & communicative Operations Associates to join us in this mission.
Rife with antiquated processes, the numerous industries (insurance, for example) that support Americans in their pursuit of homeownership have remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership & build Better Cover, we adhere to three basic principles:
- We are committed to delivering a seamless & delightful experience that puts the customer first.
- The best possible value, clearly & transparently communicated to the customer.
- A fully digitally native shopping & purchase experience consistent with the Better brand & mission. The experience will be supported by a non-commissioned customer operations team (thats you!), not a sales team.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isnt easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for an Operations Associate to join our newly formed insurance entity, Better Cover. You are going to be instrumental in the development of a profitable, national, multi-line insurance entity.
More than that, you will be responsible for helping us create & implement an industry leading customer-first experience. Youll be given a lot of responsibility early on: your ambition, ability to juggle multiple priorities, & high attention to detail will be crucial to your success on this team
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator who consistently makes sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment. You will be interacting directly with customers & policyholders via phone, email, & text to ensure they have the best possible experience with Better Cover. We are looking for individuals who build rapport quickly, organize themselves & others through clear frameworks, & bring positive can-do energy to their work & team.
This is an early-stage role. The work you will do on day 1 may be radically different than the work you will be doing on day 100. If that sounds exciting, then we want you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Talk with Better borrowers & other interested insurance customers on the phone, or via email/text, & help them get the homeowners insurance policy that fits best for them.
- Providing our customers a delightful & supportive experience is our top priority. As the customers advocate, you will work directly Better engineering & product to help shape the future of the Better Cover product. Your voice & insights, always supported by a strong data-driven foundation, will help guide our customer experience on day 1.
- Build & maintain relationships with our Insurance partners in order to create the strongest possible integrations with a national network of carriers.
- Collaborate with operations, engineering, product, & marketing across the entire Better company portfolio on ways in which we can improve as the voice of the customer.
Attribute we value:
- World class verbal & written communication skills.
- 1-2 years experience in a customer facing position.
- An analytical mindset & spreadsheet/Excel skills are a definite plus.
- Strong intellectual curiosity & a demonstrated track record of skills acquisition.